Wednesday, September 24, 2014

5 facts about me


1. I'm left-handed

(Source: http://lefthandedproblems.tumblr.com/)



When I was young, my Mum tried hard to make me change my habit of using left hand to write/do things but seems like it didn't work. But of course 
there are definitely more cons being a left-hander
compared to right-handers ...



2. I enjoy 'me' time a lot/ being solitude




I find that being alone makes things a lot more productive. Be it studying or running errands alone, I can accomplish them even without any companion. I always get a sense of accomplishment for completing tasks by myself and it feels really good. That aside, I still enjoy being with my friends of course!


"Solitude can enhance the quality of your relationships with others.By spending time with yourself and gaining a better understanding of who you are and what you desire in life, you're more likely to make better choices about who you want to be around. You also may come to appreciate your relationships more after you've spent some time alone."






3. My self-confidence level isn't very high

Being self-conscious is probably one of the reasons why my self-esteem isn't very high. I don't feel confident about myself which is something I'm trying to change too. No idea how to gain confidence though. Do I pick up more skills? Like dancing? Or do I work out more? To look better? Do I eat lesser? To look skinnier? Nah, not these. I think there a way more ways to gain confidence. One aspect I wanna work on is actually accepting my flaws/ weaknesses.

"Accept your weaknesses. While dwelling on our weaknesses leads to a lack of self-confidence, accepting them is an important step in developing it. First, it keeps us from unhealthy delusions of grandeur. It embraces that we are not perfect and forces us to live our lives in a healthy need for others. Secondly, it provides us with the foundation to accept failures when they arise. We are not caught off-guard when we fail. Instead, we are simply again reminded of our need for others to compliment our weaknesses."
4. My CCA is Chinese Orchestra 

I've been in Chinese Orchestra since Secondary 1 which means I've been in this CCA for 6 years already! I play the instrument - zhong ruan which is so called the "chinese guitar". If you ask me why I join this CCA that will be deem as boring by most people, I have no idea myself either. But I never regret a single bit as I met a bunch of really awesome friends back in CCHYCO. Those days when we motivated each other as SYF was nearing and spent almost everyday practicing together. #memories








5. I enjoy singing k. 

No, I'm definitely not a good singer but I enjoy singing. Singing k is also one of the common activities I always do with my girls. Just a few days back, we were singing for 4 hours non-stop unknowingly! HAHA




















I've actually done a 20 facts about me on my Instagram last year if I'm not wrong. But since I've nothing much to blog about (shows how boring my holidays are) I thought it doesn't hurt to list 5 facts about myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment